Biennial International Best Practices Summit
Every two years, we pull together with all of our partners to strategize on how to strengthen our work. Summit activities typically include:
- Touring local ALP libraries
- Sharing program administration and funding best practices
- Sharing library development and management best practices
- Sharing librarian training best practices
- Facilitating library management workshops for local teacher-librarians in the host country
- Celebrating our accomplishments and global community
2022 Virtual Summit Series
After careful consideration regarding the current COVID-19 situation, the 2022 African Partner Summit will be held virtually. This will be the first virtual summit we’ve held, and we’re excited to extend the invitation to everyone who supports African Library Project. The first session will be hosted by our Malawi Partners on Monday, April 25 from 8-10am PDT. Our African Partners are truly the ones who make sure that our libraries are sustained. Other virtual summit sessions will be hosted by our other country partners, stay tuned for those dates and more information. Register for the Malawi Virtual Summit here.
Promoting African Children’s Literature
African Library Project is proud to do its part in expanding access to books in Africa one library at a time. However, we know that tackling this issue requires supporting the growth of local publishing within Africa.
We also believe children in the United States equally benefit from having access to more African literature. To shine a spotlight on these efforts, here are some African literary partners we are proud to support!