Biennial International Best Practices Summit
Every two years, we pull together with all of our partners to strategize on how to strengthen our work. Summit activities typically include:
- Touring local ALP libraries
- Sharing program administration and funding best practices
- Sharing library development and management best practices
- Sharing librarian training best practices
- Facilitating library management workshops for local teacher-librarians in the host country
- Celebrating our accomplishments and global community
Our 8th summit took place March 8-14, 2020 in Motloang, Lesotho!
Youth Leadership Projects
Some of our youth book drive organizes deepen their work with
the African Library Project by becoming Youth Ambassadors. These young leaders are:
• Helping to recruit their peers to do book drives
• Mentoring new book drive organizers
• Launching new initiatives like our STEM Project
• Finding new ways to use social media to raise funds
Promoting African Children’s Literature
African Library Project is proud to do its part in expanding access to books in Africa one library at a time. However, we know that tackling this issue requires supporting the growth of local publishing within Africa.
We also believe children in the United States equally benefit from having access to more African literature. To shine a spotlight on these efforts, here are some African literary partners we are proud to support!